Monday, September 28, 2009

Portrait


























This picture was supposed to look like me as a little girl- because that's how I see myself, immature. But I like the composition of it, even though I'm in a room full of things you can still pick me out. I did a lot of editing to this as well, I darkened shadows and lightened highlights to get rid of the harsh flash.



















This is my best friend Jacque, though this is not how I see her, this picture... well her expression sums up how she was feeling at the moment. I chose to use this one and the next also for the editing I did to both. I cropped both of them and lightened the shadows and played with the levels in both pictures which I am actually pleased with. It was a really overcast day and I was having problems with this before which I think in these two pictures it actually looks sunny.








This is how I see Jacque, pretty and dolled up... always a classy lady. I like the composition of this picture, for some reason seeing someone put makeup on is mesmerizing. I kind of took this idea from my other best friend who has a picture of herself looking in the mirror from behind, though that actually wasn't my first intention.

2 comments:

  1. Your photos have a vintage film feel. I really dig them Lizzie...

    ReplyDelete